Wednesday, September 25, 2013

New Direction #2

I'm resigning.

Heheh tak sampai setahun pun kerja kat sini.

It started one day when I was too stressful, I updated my resume, putting a higher expected salary, and started to find a job through Jobstreet.com. My strategy is to find a job nearby my place, so tak payah nak stress pasal jalan raya pula (knowing that for my position the workload kat mana-mana pun mesti akan sangat stress, so I don't want to add another reason to be stressful everyday).

So what I did in the Jobstreet.com;
1) Login
2) Update your particulars, just add up your new experience with current employer, and increase the expected salary.
3) Search what I want. I tried several keywords; 'Contracts Engineer', 'Project Engineer', 'Procurement Engineer'.. all types of desk engineers (of course, having two kids, who's interested in travelling anymore? So moms, if you have to be an engineer, choose desk engineer please). For my level of working experience, I actually qualified for managerial position but I don't think I'm ready for that, plus, I plan to finish work and be back right on time everyday, mana ada Manager balik on time hari hari -__-
4) Select location: Selangor. If it's through Mudah.my, you can particulary select Puchong tapi situ tak banyak sangat pilihan kerja.
5) For specialization, I purposely select: Engineering-Oil & Gas. Here's what I can be grateful for being in the current company, it gives me chance to enter this industry as stepping stones; you know once you have started with one oil & gas company, you can move forward to another oil & gas company easily (you know I was a Civil Engineer by background, nothing to do with oil & gas). From my experience, this industry usually pays you more than other engineering fields.

Okay why am I beria sangat explain all 5 steps above? Sebab these few days ada terima beberapa soalan yang bertanyakan, macam mana kau boleh senang senang dapat kerja baru hah? Macam mana kau boleh dapat kerja dekat dengan rumah hah? Macam mana nak apply kerja kat Jobstreet hah? All these questions...... *sigh*

Okay, then I started applying. I don't want to be so greedy, so I just filled in three vacancies a week, and then continuing serving as best I can for current company. Ada orang, baru apply kerja, belum dipanggil interview pun, dah malas malas kat company sekarang. Janganlah macam tu, manalah tahu rezeki kau memang tetap kat company sekarang, sampai bila nak bermalas malas kan?

Within a week, satu daripada tiga tu mengena. I went for interview, totally unprepared. TAK ADA MASA NAK PREPARE! I printed out my updated CV and fotostat sijil-sijil in the morning before I went for interview, I studied about the company on my way there through my iPhone, unlike previous interviews I have attended, I didn't rehearse at all! Bertabah jelah, kalau ada rezeki, adalah. I didn't dress well pun, pakai baju kurung dan tudung indon je apa benda entah aku ni -___- My husband sent me, I didn't know how near the company is, so interview pukul 10, pukul 7 lebih aku dah menggelabah suruh Hanis siap cepat sikit HAHA. Turns out it actually took about 15 minutes to arrive... Okay to be fair, that day was 2 days before Aidilfitri so tak banyak sangat kereta, still, dekat kot dengan rumah kan? Best sangat.

The interview went well. Very well in fact. I started to put hopes. Sebab dekat dengan rumah laaaa!!!! The best part is, they didn't even negotiate my ridiculous expected salary :D

So after almost 3 weeks, I got the Offer Letter. Alhamdulillah...

I didn't expect the workload will be less, I didn't expect the job will be more fun (mana ada kerja yang fun, tak kerja barulah fun ye tak?), but this one, at least I don't have to waste so much time on the road (sekarang ni setiap hari 3-4 jam dihabiskan atas jalan tau, sampai rumah pukul 8 hari hari kesian budak budak), jimat minyak, jimat parking (tahu tak sekarang ni parking fees aku RM230 sebulan?? Gila tak gila la parking rates kat Damansara ni), and with better pay of course. Sebenarnya tak elok lompat lompat company in short terms ni, tak cantik dalam CV and tak elok untuk employment record. But this way gaji kau lagi cepat naik tau! Rather than staying at the same company for years. Tapi jangan buat selalu lah, that's what I keep telling myself, for this one no matter what it is I HAVE to stay for at least 2 years, just to keep a good record HEHE. My aim sebenarnya nak kumpul pengalaman kerja in oil & gas industry ni banyak banyak, and nak masuk PETRONAS sebenarnya. Macam best je tengok orang kerja PETRONAS ni, tapi tak tahulah hakikatnya macam mana. Boleh jadi je indah khabar dari rupa kan?

So 1 Oktober 2013 minggu depan, bermulalah perjalanan baru. Alhamdulillah, setakat ini segalanya dipermudahkan. Semoga segalanya berjalan dengan baik. Rezeki dari Allah, untuk anak-anak.

5 comments:

Cik Asma BLuppy said...

congrate & gudluck sis!

sweet life said...

congrats and good luck for your new job and new environment.. ....^^...

hazwani said...

good luck una! betol...biarlah rekod tercalar sikit, janji hidup lebih happy. Taklah stress dan penat! Lagi banyak masa maen dengan anak! =)

Mami Aisyah said...

congrates sis :) sedar x sedar... sy jadi dewasa sbb bc blog kak ni :') tq kak, sbb motivate org scara x langsung.

haha ok mcm kelakar luah perasaan kat comment :P sy tercari2 Fb akak tp mcm dah xde je. Instagram ade x?

Unknown said...

selamat maju jaya. memang best kerja dekat dengan rumah. saya dulu pun 15 minit je drive nak pergi kerja. kerja engineer dalam industri oil&gas juga. masuk pukul 9 balik pukul 5. pukul 4.55 dah ready nak balik. haha. bila banyak projek sampai rumah memang terus terlentang. tapi memang seronok kerja bila takde stress luaran nih.